FMD is designed to protect patients by minimising the chances of counterfeit medicines entering into the established medicines supply chain across Europe. It will enable manufacturers, wholesalers, distributors and everyone who supplies to patients to verify the authenticity of a medicinal product, identify individual packs, and check whether the outer packaging of medicines has been tampered with.Medicine packs should be deregistered from the NMVS (National Medicine Verification System) at the point when the pack has been dispensed to a patient. The pharmacist should also be checking the tamper proof seal and should not deregister any pack where the seal is broken or missing.
Deadline is approaching, each pharmacy will need to acquire at least one barcode scanner, and potentially an extra workstation, to be able to ‘decommission’ medicines from the EMVS.
ATL FMD Solution is an easy to use secure Cloud-based application, that enables pharmaceutical wholesalers, pharmacies and other persons authorised or entitled, to supply medical products according to the FMD directive.
ATL FMD features:
- Scan 2D barcode to verify or decommission pack.
- Scan at the point of labelling.
- FMD Bag Label.
- Scan to decommission the packs on collection.
- Audit trail for all printable data.
- Download reports.
- Secure data storage with ISO27001 Certified UK Data Centre.
- Fully Compliant with the FMD Directive
- Free training & support
- User friendly web-based portal
- No contract
- Access to test environment for training
- On-boarding process with SecurMed
If you are a Pharmacy + Wholesaler, give us a call for bundle price discount